The Community Development Corporation (CDC) was established in 1995 to develop, coordinate and manage a series of community and youth development projects in various socially and economically deprived communities throughout Trinidad and Tobago.
Our organization focus primarily on skills development and training in income generating business activities, with the view to helping community members to help themselves, and through the provision or sourcing of valuable technical and work skills training to providing job placement opportunities in the business and productive sectors of our economy.
The CDC welcomes the support of all in combining resources, services and effort towards this valuable cause, and in the interest of uplifting the means and access to value-added economic opportunities for every productive member of the community.
CDC was formally incorporated in April of 1999 after 4 years prior operations in the provision of community training and other development activities conducted with the assistance of conscientious citizens with common interest in providing enhanced opportunities to the less privileged and young adults in various high risk or low income communities of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
Our Training and Development Programmes aim to avoid destructive behavioral paths of conflict as a tool to constructively motivate and enhance community development.
A key objective is to provide medium to long term achievement benefits and valuable life skills through focused technical and management training programmes and exposure to work skills, thereby providing a needed catalyst to build confidence, awareness and personal values that transcend perceived and functional limitations within these communities and within our current economic and business environments.
Our volunteers and membership comprise community organizations and businesses, professionals, or any private citizen who, in their professional or personal capacity, selflessly offer their assistance, time, resources and services to establishing a network of community support and resources, and with the common goal of providing valuable support and skills training to youths and young adults with little access to these valuable training opportunities in the business sector.
We invite you to join our effort and become an active member of the CDC and make your care and concern for our youth and the future of our nation count.
CDC PAST & CURRENT PROJECTS AND PROGRAMME ACTIVITIES:
- Proposal development support for community special-interest groups (SIGs);
- Project development, coordination and management support to SIGs and CBOs;
- Computer literacy and work skills development training for youths in EDR;
1995 – Present . . . Special Training Workshops & Projects:
- 2015 – Present: PDP – P100, BizTECH, BTSD & VA Programme Coordination & Management to Community SIGs;
- 2013 – 2014: BTSD Pilot CBT Training Courses: Computing, Business Apps, Graphics, Web Design;
- 2007 – 2012: Computer Literacy, Business Application & Tech Skills Training for community members;
- 2006 – 2008: Skills Training and “Adopt A Community” Exchange Activities for EDR Community Youths;
- 2004 – 2006: Project & Time Management and Personal Enhancement Tools & Applications for Youths;
- 2001 – 2009: Business & Technology Skills Development (BTSD) Training & Community Workshops;
- 1995 – 2000: EDGE Entrepreneurship Development and “Training of Trainers” Conferences and Workshops for Community Coordinators and Support Agencies.